Bitte haben Sie einen Moment Geduld........
Course 3: Introduction to Data Analysis Using R
Dr. Jan-Philipp Kolb, Alexander Murray-Watters
Datum: 06.08 - 10.08.2018 ics-Datei
The open source software package R is free of charge and offers standard data analysis procedures as well as a comprehensive repertoire of highly specialized processes and procedures, even for complex applications. Emphasis in this course will be on methods of graphically-based data analysis as R is particularly suitable for it.
For a full length syllabus of this course, please click here.
data import and export, data cleaning, statistical graphics, data analysis, survey data, web scrapping, Data analysis
- This course is for people that work with survey data and want to use R as an additional tool.
- The participants should have already attended an introductory event in statistics. Experience in dealing with other statistics packages is helpful, but not a requirement.
Our workshop provides a hands-on introduction to R and lays the foundations for independently developing your skills in dealing with the programming language R. The participants can expect to receive an overview of the functional scope of R, master the import and export of data, and how to perform basic data analysis in R.
- Prior experience with data analysis, basic statistics, and regression.
- As we will work with GESIS Panel data, it would be good to download the campus file of the GESIS Panel (https://www.gesis.org/en/gesis-panel/data/gesis-panel-campus-file/)
- Basic familiarity with the use of a computer.