Sebastian E. Wenz
Tel: +49 (0)221-47694-166
Tel: +49 (0)221-47694-166
Tel: +49 221 47694-162
Tel: +49 221 47694-162
Bitte haben Sie einen Moment Geduld........
Datum: 02.08 - 24.08.2018 ics-Datei
7th Summer School in Survey Methodology
- Week 0
- Short Course A: Pretesting Survey Questions
02.08.2018 - 03.08.2018 - Dr. Katharina Meitinger, Dr. Timo Lenzner
- Short Course B: Introduction to Data Analysis Using Mplus
02.08.2018 - 03.08.2018 - Dr. Matthias Blümke, Dr. Clemens Lechner, Dr. Daniel Danner
- Short Course C: Research Designs and Causal Inference
02.08.2018 - 03.08.2018 - Prof. Dr. Stefanie Eifler, Dr. Heinz Leitgöb
- Short Course D: Introduction to Data Analysis Using Stata
02.08.2018 - 03.08.2018 - Dr. Reinhard Schunck
- Week 1
- Course 1: Introduction to Survey Design
06.08.2018 - 10.08.2018 - Prof. Dr. Bella Struminskaya, Prof. Dr. Peter Lugtig
- Course 2: Introduction to Structural Equation Modeling: Confirmatory Factor Analysis with Mplus
06.08.2018 - 10.08.2018 - Prof. Dr. Jost Reinecke, Georg Kessler
- Course 3: Introduction to Data Analysis Using R
06.08.2018 - 10.08.2018 - Dr. Jan-Philipp Kolb, Alexander Murray-Watters
- Course 4: Applied Multiple Imputation
06.08.2018 - 10.08.2018 - Dr. Ferdinand Geißler, Dr. Jan Paul Heisig
- Week 2
- Course 5: Questionnaire Design
13.08.2018 - 17.08.2018 - Prof. Dr. Marek Fuchs, Anke Metzler
- Course 6: Mixed-Mode and Mixed-Device Surveys
13.08.2018 - 17.08.2018 - Prof. Dr. Vera Toepoel, Prof. Dr. Edith de Leeuw, Dr. Thomas Klausch
- Course 7: Web Survey Design
13.08.2018 - 17.08.2018 - Prof. Mick P. Couper, PhD, Dr. Ines Schaurer
- Week 3
- Course 8: Meta-Analysis in Social Research and Survey Methodology
20.08.2018 - 24.08.2018 - Dr. Bernd Weiß, Jessica Daikeler
- Course 9: Sampling, Weighting, and Estimation
20.08.2018 - 24.08.2018 - Stephanie Eckman, PhD
- Course 10: Designing, Implementing, and Analyzing Longitudinal Surveys
20.08.2018 - 24.08.2018 - Dr. Tarek Al Baghal, Dr. Alexandru Cernat
- Short Course E: Open Science and Open Data
20.08.2018 - 21.08.2018 - Dr. Sebastian Netscher, Dr. Anja Perry, Anna K. Schwickerath
The GESIS Summer School
Every August since 2012, the GESIS Summer School in Survey Methodology takes place at GESIS, Cologne. Lecturers and participants from all over the world and from many different fields come to Cologne to take part in Europe's leading summer school in survey methodology, research design, and data collection---recommended by the European Survey Research Association (ESRA).
The 7th GESIS Summer School in Survey Methodology will take place from August 02-24 2018 in Cologne. Please scroll down to learn more about the many reasons for why you should attend, prerequisites, course structure, plenary and social program, fees and registration, as well as ECTS credits and scholarships.
Why attend the GESIS Summer School?
At the GESIS Summer School in Survey Methodology you will
- receive high quality training in state of the art techniques and methods of survey research
- find both courses that give a broad overview of survey methods and courses that intensively discuss special topics in survey research
- find courses on how to design, plan, conduct, and document all kinds of surveys
- Find courses on how to properly analyze survey data
- meet new people from different scientific fields and from all over the world to network and discuss your research with
- enjoy a varied plenary and social program.
- have an exciting time in Cologne!
Who should attend the GESIS Summer School?
The GESIS Summer School is made for you if you are a graduate or PhD student, a post-doc, junior researcher, or a survey professional from any field that collects or analyzes survey data.
Summer School Prerequisites
In addition to the prerequisites mentioned in the syllabi of the courses, you will be expected to
- have basic knowledge of empirical research methods;
- have good English language skills, as the Summer School will entirely be held in English.
Short courses are two-day courses that consist of about 6 hours of classes per day around of which 2 hours are tutorials or labs or exercises. One-week courses consist of 6 hours of classes a day of which around 2 hours are tutorials or labs or exercises (details for each course are provided in the course descriptions). Given the daily workload, participants can register for one course per week only.
Plenary and Social Program
Besides courses, participants are welcome to attend evening talks by experts in survey methodology and, thanks to our sponsors, take part in an exciting social and cultural program.
Participation fees and registration
Short courses (rates: student/academic/commercial): EUR 120/180/360
One-week courses (standard rates: student/academic/commercial): EUR 300/450/900
Please see Terms and conditions of participation for our cancellation and reimbursement policy.
Participants completing one-week courses have the opportunity to receive European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) points. You will be charged an administration fee of EUR 20,00 (2 ECTS) or 50,00 (4 ECTS) per course, respectively. More information on ECTS can be found here.
Scholarships by CDSS/DAAD and ESRA are available to Summer School participants. Please click here for more information on eligibility and how to apply.