49th GESIS Spring Seminar
- Week 1
- Collecting, Processing and Analyzing Digital Behavioral Data
02.03.2020 - 06.03.2020 - Dr. John McLevey, Jillian Anderson
- Week 2
- A practical introduction to machine learning in Python
09.03.2020 - 13.03.2020 - Dr. Damian Trilling, Dr. Anne Kroon
- Week 3
- Social Network Analysis with Digital Behavioral Data
16.03.2020 - 20.03.2020 - Dr. David Garcia, Max Pellert
The GESIS Spring Seminar (formerly ZA Spring Seminar) offers three consecutive one-week courses in advanced methods of quantitative data analysis for Social Scientists. It has been taking place in Cologne annually every spring for more than 45 years.
Why attend the GESIS Spring Seminar?
The GESIS Spring Seminar offers high quality training in state of the art techniques in quantitative data analysis taught by foremost experts of the field. The Spring Seminar will
- provide you with in depth knowledge of state of the art quantitative analysis techniques in the social sciences
- enable you to apply state of the art quantitative analysis techniques to your own research projects
- provide you with the opportunity to discuss your research with interested colleagues and foremost experts
- provide you with good networking opportunities, a supportive social environment, and an exciting time in Cologne
Who should attend the GESIS Spring Seminar?
The GESIS Spring Seminar is targeted at advanced graduate or PhD students, post-docs, junior and senior researchers, who are interested in developing and improving their knowledge and skills in state of the art techniques in quantitative data analysis.
Spring Seminar Prerequisites
In addition to the prerequisites mentioned in the syllabi of the courses, all Spring Seminar participants are expected to meet the following general criteria:
- have a sound knowledge of quantitative research methods
- have a good command of English as the Spring Seminar will entirely be held in English.
PhD students have the opportunity to receive European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) points via the University of Colone
You will be charged an administration fee of EUR 50.00 (3 ECTS).
One-week courses rates:
EUR 300 - student / PhD student
EUR 450 - academic / public sector
EUR 900 - commercial.
Please note, that unfortunately we are not able to offer childcare during this event. Please email the administrative coordination to receive a list of fee required local childcare suppliers.