We are happy to announce the program of the 6th GESIS Summer School in Survey Methodology that will take place from August 3-25 2017 in Cologne. For a full list of courses, please see our website at gesis.org.
The GESIS Summer School in Survey Methodology offers high quality training in state of the art techniques and methods of survey research. It aims to:
- give a broad overview of survey methods;
- equip participants with essential skills in the design, planning, execution, documentation and quality assurance of surveys;
- provide an opportunity to deeply engage with the different tasks of survey design and implementation (such as questionnaire design, sampling, nonresponse and fieldwork monitoring), different survey modes (such as personal interviews, web surveys, and mixed-mode), and research designs involving surveys (such as mixed methods, factorial surveys, longitudinal surveys and cross-national surveys);
- provide participants with good networking opportunities, a supportive social environment, and an exciting time in Cologne.
Summer School Prerequisites
In addition to the prerequisites mentioned in the syllabi of the courses, all Summer School participants are expected to meet the following general criteria:
- have basic knowledge of empirical research methods;
- have a good command of English as the Summer School will entirely be held in English.
Short courses are two-day courses aimed at updating participants skills to better fulfill the entrance requirements of some one-week courses or at providing instruction in a specialized area. Short courses consist of about 6 hours of instruction per day.
One-week courses consist of 4 hours of in-class instruction a day, either in the morning (9:00-13:00) or in the afternoon (14:00-18:00). Outside of these hours, participants are expected to take part in guided individual or group study time for around 2 hours per day (details for each course are provided in the course descriptions). Given the workload of both in-class instruction and study time, participants can register only for one course per week.
Plenary and Social Program
Besides courses, participants are welcome to attend evening talks by experts in survey methodology and, thanks to our sponsors, take part in an exciting social and cultural program.
Participation fees and registration
Please see Terms and conditions of participation for our cancellation and reimbursement policy.
Participants completing one-week courses have the opportunity to receive European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) points.You will be charged an administration fee of EUR 20,00 (2 ECTS) or 50,00 (4 ECTS) per course, respectively. More information on ECTS can be found here.
Summer School participants who do not hold German citizenship and who either live outside of Germany or have been living in Germany for no more than 6 months until now can apply for one of 10 scholarships available from the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). We plan to offer even more scholarships in the future. More information will be available once the program of the next GESIS Summer School is online (approx. next February).
Should you have any questions, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. Before you write or call, please also check with our FAQs. Subscribe to our newsletter to stay informed about the Summer School and all other events organized by GESIS Trainings.
Tel: +49 221 47694-166
Tel: +49 221 47694-162